Saturday, July 4, 2009

Random Thoughts

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!

As usual, I have been busy--but that is a poor excuse for not taking the time to write anything!

Our rainy season is here, sort of! We are getting almost-daily thunderstorms. In fact, the rains on Tuesday, resulted in a nasty fall for me! Not to worry, I'm sure it's just a sprain, and not a fractured foot! I'm self-treating: ice, elevation, ace wrap--the usual stuff. The swelling has gone down enough I can get a shoe on, and weight-bearing is more tolerable, so I'll be fine! :)

I have been reading and following the Iran "election", Health Care Reform, all the insanity from certain batshit crazy wingnuts, the deaths of Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson and then Karl Madden--I just didn't feel like writing anything! I'd call it writer's block, except I don't think of myself as a 'writer'.

Plans for the Fourth: I wanted to go to the city's annual Red White and BOOM, down on the riverfront, but will stay home instead. The foot is better, but not quite up to all the walking required down there. It's ok though--my daughter and I will have burgers here, and at 9pm (EST) I can listen to Shannyn Moore. I'm sure it will be an excellent show tonite; it always is! With the announcement Palin made yesterday, I can hardly wait to hear the callers and what they have to say about it!

Speaking of Palin: I did watch her word salad yesterday a few times. She looked awful and sounded worse than usual! I don't think it was nervousness that caused all the gasping we witnessed--I think she was just super-pissed! I think the "Iceberg" is headed her way, picking up speed, and she knows it. Her resigning as Governor just reeks! I wonder which of the 'gates' is going to bring her down? Will she be facing some serious jail time? Who will she take down with her? Will she pack up her family and just leave the country before the "Feds" come with the warrant and cuffs? LOL, like I told my daughter, this shit is better than watching the soaps on TV!

Ok, if I want to eat tonite, guess I better be brave, and go to WalMart! Wish me well, I hate going there. I'd just go to the Publix up the road, but I also need birdseed, and they don't carry it.

-------------------------------------

1 comment:

Annette said...

Sure makes you wonder what is happening doesn't it.. Now they are saying she has gone missing.. getting stranger all the time.