Sunday, December 28, 2008

Bra Shopping

Ok....I admit to being poor and as a result, extremely frugal. I tend to keep wearing my clothes, underwear included, until they are literally falling apart. If they are CLEAN, and I can't read a newspaper through them just yet, why should I go out and buy new ones, right?

I did break down and splurge this month, on 2 new pairs of jeans. I needed them desparately; the old ones are starting to fall apart. I lucked out, and found these on sale, $20 a pair.

Now it's the bras that are one by one, finding their way to the trash can. I need new bras!

Like I said, I wear stuff till it wears out. It's been a good while since these old bras were purchased. I can't remember....when shopping for new bras, do I TRY THEM ON before buying? Or just guess that it might fit, and have to exchange it if I guessed wrong?

This time, I think I know what size to look for; I was able to read with a couple magnifying glasses, the label in one bra that I trashed. Actually, I could even make out the brand name of the bra. I looked online, and that brand still exists, and is apparently still sold at WalMart.

Should I go to WalMart and look for them? Should I try them on, if they have them? Or, should I just order online, and hope the sizing is still the same as it was when I bought the old ones?

Decisions, decisions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did it--I went to Wal mart (YUK) and found a few bras that were half-way acceptable to me. Took 3 different brands, all in the same size and tried them on. Only ONE of them actually fit!

What in the world is up with that! How is it even possible for the same "size" to vary so much between different brands?

And what is up with all the stupid padded bras? Come on....if you wear a C cup or more, you DON'T need padding!

~purplegranny